SLIPSTREAM INTERNATIONAL MIDWEEK MADNESS SPRINT SERIES '23 S3
- Slipstream International introduces the Slipstream International Midweek Madness Sprint Series. This is a weekday series that will run on Wednesdays @ 8pm AEST. This will be a 10-race sprint championship with the 10th event as a double points championship race.
Drivers will need all the track pack DLC to participate in every race.
Race format and Pitstops:
Each race event features:
- 20-minute official practice
- One-shot qualifying
- Followed by a 45-minute sprint race
There will be 1 mandatory pitstop for fuel with a fixed 25 seconds refueling time, with tyres optional. This will be carried out within a pit window, which is active from the 5th to the 40th minute of the race session.
There will be 10 tyre sets available for all race weekends.
- Weather conditions will be preset and variable, and race start times will vary throughout the season according to their real-life start time in the track's relevant time zone, with some variation amongst the European rounds to somewhat differentiate start times.
- The practice server will always be set up one week in advance, after the completion of each week's race. Drivers will be notified when the server is set up.
- All tiers will have the maximum stability control setting to 0 and auto steer disabled.
- Other than the ones mentioned here, all assists are allowed to be used.
- Race events will take place on Wednesdays at 8pm AEST
Stewarding and live streaming:
- Only ONE timed lap (valid or invalid) will be counted in qualifying. You will be allowed only 1 timed lap. If you cross the start/finish line twice and begin a second timed lap, you will be disqualified from qualifying.
- Simgrid's incident reporting functionality will be used for after-the-race reporting, with a window of 24 hours. The stewards can and will hand out penalties without reports if they deem it appropriate and necessary
- Each driver will have 15 license points. Penalties can add time and/or subtract license points.
- 5 penalty points, the driver won't be able to qualify in the next race
- 10 penalty points, the driver won't be able to race in the next race (no wildcard)
- 15 penalty points, the driver won't be able to race anymore in the season
- After 2 clean races, one point will be removed.
- Points are rolled over for the next Midweek Madness season.
Participation in this championship is free of charge. Please join the community to discuss and influence the future of our competitions: https://discord.gg/bfyXf7gu