FRL • SUPER SPRINT TO THE GRAND FINALS
Welcome to our second iteration of Super Sprint with driver swaps. This serie will function as a qualifier for the SimGrid x VCO Grand Finals, taking place towards the end of the year. This format is all about team spirit and driver swaps. 2 back to back 60’ races with mandatory swaps will surely bring lots of action!
Grid for Race 2 = finishing grid of Race 1 + top 10 reversed.
Plus appealing team prizes for the SimGrid x VCO Grand Finals.
Features: Tuesdays 19:30 UK • GT3 • 2x 60’ • Real Weather • 1x Pit Full + Swap • Stint 33’ • Teams of 2 Only • Prizes • Live Comms
- Mandatory FRL ACC PC LICENSE for all team members. Do it HERE.
- Deadline ( 1 day before start ): Teams without license will be removed.
- Team Members can change from race to race, provided all have the FRL ACC PC License. No license before season start = team removal, midseason = DNS.
- Practice servers open for the preceding days.
- Practice 1: 18:30 UK ( 60’ )
- Qualy: 19:30 UK ( 15’ )
- Race 1: 19:45 UK ( 60’ )
- Practice 2: 20:45 UK ( ~15’ )
- Server setup with grid for Race 2: finishing grid of Race 1 + top 10 reversed.
- Race 2: 21:00 UK ( 60’ )
- Mandatory Pitstop: Yes
- Refuelling Allowed: Yes
- Mandatory Refuelling: Yes
- Fixed Refuelling Time: No
- Mandatory Tyre Change: Yes
- Mandatory Driver Swap: Yes
- Pit Window: No
- Max Stint Timer: 33’
- Max Driving Time: Irrelevant, max ACC setting set.
- Real weather settings from accuweather.com. Settings confirmed the day before within discord.
- Time multiplier 1x
COMMS & STEWARDING
- Live comms are planned on FRL TV for Server 1.
- Live data & timings on FRL Pitwall.Live for Server 1.
- Stewarding will be post race incident tickets on discord.
- Top 3 Teams will be awarded a slot in the GT3 class of the SimGrid x VCO Grand Finals
- P4 and 5 Teams will be awarded a slot in the GT4 class of the SimGrid x VCO Grand Finals
- P6-8 Teams will be entered into the play-off that will take place in October, where the final 3 GT4 slots will be awarded
- Custom liveries made outside of the game are permitted using AwesomeSimracing platform.
- Dedicated collection for this event HERE.
ABSENT TEAM MATE
This is a driver swap series where each team is required to have 2 drivers at each race. However, in the event that a teammate is unavailable for a race, there are 3 options available to the team:
- Replace the unavailable driver with somebody else ( must have FRL ACC PC License ).
- Withdraw the car from the race using the withdraw function.
- Drop the unavailable driver and race solo, however a 130s penalty will apply at each race end due to not valid pitstop ( contact an admin if planning to go solo ).
- Server requirements 75 SA + 3 Track Medals + License
- Mandatory attendance check-in on our discord server.
- Team Members can change from race to race, provided all have the FRL ACC PC License. No license before season start = team removal, midseason = DNS
THE SIMGRID X VCO GRAND FINALS
- The SimGrid x VCO Grand Finals is a 3-round endurance championship that will take place in November and December 2023. The Grand Finals will feature a mixed class grid of GT3 and GT4’s. Each and every slot on the grid of the Grand Finals will be filled by teams who win their slots through ten different competitions held by some of SimGrid’s top communities.
- From each of the competitions, the top 3 will secure a grid slot at the Grand Finals in the GT3 class. P4 and P5 will secure a slot at the Grand Finals in the GT4 class. And P6, P7 and P8 will enter a Grand Finals GT4 Play-Off that will take place in October 2023. The top 3 in the GT4 Play-Off will then be awarded the final GT4 slots at the Grand Finals.
- At the Grand Finals, the drivers who participate will not only be representatives of the team they’re racing for, but the team itself will be a representative of the community they won the slot from. This means the Grand Finals will not only have the team standings in each class, but also a Community standings!
- It is important to note that teams are free to enter as many of the ten different Grand Final qualifying competitions as they like. They can enter all ten if they want to! However, a qualified team is only allowed to receive a maximum of two slots to the Grand Finals, one per class.
ENJOY & HAVE FUN